Participatory Forest Management
The goal of the programme is to create a society that is committed to preserve the integrity of the nature and environment.
- To inculcate in students the awareness regarding the need and importance of forest protection.
- To emphasize the problem of Global Warming, Pollution, Green House effect etc.
- The programme is intended to provide forest-based research in history, tribal life, instruction and extension that supports forest and wildlife conservation and management in an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable fashion.
- The programme is designed in three levels -Certificate Course-Diploma Course and Advanced Diploma Course.
- The course is under credit system.
- A student who takes up all the four modules in the respective course will be awarded Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Participatory Forest Management.
- The pre-requisite for joining the Certificate course is a pass in Higher Secondary School Examination or equivalent.
- The course is designed in a progressive way such that a student can join for the diploma course only if he/she successfully completes the certificate course and the advanced diploma course only if he/she successfully completes the diploma course.
- Each course requires on the job training / a project report.