The chemistry department provides the opportunity for under graduate and post graduate students to obtain a thorough fundamental knowledge of all fields of chemistry. There are lecture courses in the general areas of inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry. Laboratory experience is provided in inorganic and organic synthesis, analytical methods and physical chemistry measurements. More important than the formal lecture and laboratory courses is the intellectual environment provided by the department.
The Chemistry department has an excellent collection of books, journals, and reference materials in the library. Faculty members are available as academic advisers and hold office hours for consultation about their courses; they are also willing to discuss chemistry, science and career opportunities.
e mail: email@example.com,
- Started academic functioning in 1984
- B.Sc. Degree course started in 1993
- M.Sc. Degree course (Self Financing) in 2004
- B.Sc. Petrochemicals (Self Financing) in 2015
The Department offers UG and PG programmes in Chemistry.
1. B.Sc Chemistry (Model-I) - CBCS programme. [Sanctioned strength: 30]
Open course – Chemistry in Everyday Life
Choice Based course- Soil and Agricultural Chemistry
2. M.Sc. Branch III Chemistry -CSS programme. (SF) [Sanctioned strength: 20]
Students who cleared UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET
Name Year JRF/NET
Chemistry association Activities: