Physics makes significant contributions through advances in new technologies that arise from theoretical breakthroughs. For example, advances in the understanding of electromagnetism or nuclear physics led directly to the development of new products which have dramatically transformed modern-day society
• Support and encourage fields instrumental goals such as basic knowledge of the discipline of Physics including phenomenology, theories and techniques’ concepts and general principles.
• To enable the student to ask physical questions and to obtain solutions to physical questions by use of quantitative reasoning and by experimental investigation.
• Read-understand and interpret physical information verbal, mathematical and graphical.
• Equip students in methodology related to physics.
• Input skills required to gather information from resources and use them.
• To give need based education in physics of highest quality at the UG level.
• Provide an intellectually stimulating environment to develop skills and enthusiasm of students to the best of their potential.
• Use Information Communication Technology to gather knowledge at will.
• Attract outstanding students from all backgrounds.
Appreciation of the physical world ,discipline of physics curiosity, creativity and resultant criticism and understanding links of physics to other disciplines and to societal issues.
This course gives emphasis to the areas of Mechanics, Electronics, Quantum mechanics, Optics and Photonics. To make the learning more interesting the course provide both theoretical and practical approach.
M.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Environmental Science, M.Sc. Meteriology, M.Sc. Marine Geology ,M.Sc. Marine Geophysics ,M.Sc.Oceano-graphy, M.Sc. Electronics, M.Sc. Instrumentation.
Job opportunities : Teaching, Research,
Student Strength : 24
The college provides an efficient lab facility, smart class room and department library.